Honey has tremendous benefits for you when consumed and when applied to your skin. It is organic, non-toxic, and very versatile.
However, today’s question is whether we can use honey for wrinkles & dark circles under the eyes. Let’s see what we can find out.
Can Honey Be Safely Applied Under The Eyes
Yes, honey can be safely applied under your eyes.
Honey is natural, and has many antibacterial, antioxidant, and therapeutic properties that make it great for your body, both internally and externally.
In fact, many people, especially herbalists, use honey in their eyes. So even if a little of it gets into your eyes during your application, you should be just fine!
Is Honey Good For Dark Circles Under The Eyes
Honey is a great natural remedy for dark circles under the eyes.
Honey has great antioxidant properties and healing properties that help to heal and moisturize the skin. It is great for sensitive skin so the under-eye skin is safe.
It also has some natural bleaching properties that help to reduce the amount of melanin in the skin under the eyes.
Is Honey Good For Wrinkles Under The Eyes
Honey is a great natural remedy for under-eye wrinkles and aging skin.
Honey is a great source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzyme activity to make the skin glow, and antioxidants to protect the skin from free radical damage.
It is an effective anti-aging treatment for all skin types because of its moisturizing qualities, which fill up the skin and minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
Other good under eye treatment are:
How To Use Honey For Wrinkles & Dark Circles Under The Eyes
Honey can be used in under-eye creams, cleansers, scrubs, or under-eye masks which can be homemade or store-bought.
The most common way that honey is used on the skin, especially the under eyes, is in DIY under-eye and face masks. However, there are also some great honey products being made worldwide that can help too.
How Long Can You Leave Honey On Your Under Eyes
You can leave honey on your under eyes for a few minutes to a few hours.
It all depends on the sensitivity of your skin and how well your skin reacts to treatment. Some people find keeping honey on their skin for too long a bit uncomfortable since it can get quite sticky and runny if applied thickly.
How Often Can You Use Honey For Wrinkles & Dark Circles Under The Eyes
You can use honey on your under eyes daily, either once or twice a day.
Honey is safe for the skin and safe for the eyes so you can use it as often as you think is necessary. Unless you are allergic to bees or pollen, you should be very safe.
Can You Use Honey On Your Under Eyes Overnight
Yes, you can use honey on your under eyes overnight, but it can be sticky.
Honey gets rather runny and sticky if left on your skin for too long. However, if you can manage to keep it on and do not mind getting it on your bed linens, then you can keep it on overnight or for as long as you want.
Best DIY Honey Recipes For Wrinkles & Dark Circles Under The Eyes
1- The Milk & Honey Under Eye Mask
- Mixing bowl
- In your mixing bowl, add 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Mix until well combined into a thick paste. Add more honey if needed to make it thicker.
- Use your fingers or a small brush to apply the past around your eyes.
- Gently massage under the eyes and then let the paste sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, wash off the area with clean, room-temperature water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Continue with your usual skincare routine.
- Repeat daily for the best results.
2- The Honey & Coffee Paste
- Mixing bowl
- In your bowl, add the honey and the coffee powder together to make a smooth paste.
- Avoid using grainy coffee as this will be too harsh for your under-eye skin. Try to get the paste to a smooth consistency. You can add a few drops of water to the coffee beforehand to help melt it.
- When well combined, use your fingers to apply the paste to your under eyes.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with clean water. Pat dry and continue with your usual skincare.
- Repeat daily for as long as necessary.
3- Honey + Castor Oil + Coconut Oil
- Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Mixing bowl
- Double boiler (or glass bowl and pot)
- In your double boiler, add the coconut oil to melt. If you do not have a double boiler, use a glass bowl placed in a pot of hot water.
- Add the castor oil and the honey to the melted coconut oil.
- Mix until well combined.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down. It should solidify again.
- When cooled, use your fingers to apply the mixture to your under eyes.
- You may keep it on (but avoid getting it into your eyes) for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off. Or you may keep it on overnight or for a few hours.
- Repeat daily.
Video Honey For Dark Circles
Best Products With Honey For Wrinkles & Dark Circles Under The Eyes
1- Wild Ferns Manuka Honey Intensive Refining Eye Crème
This eye creme contains 92% natural ingredients such as Manuka Honey, Vitamins A and C, Chamomile, rosehip, borage, hazelnut, and wheat germ oils.
It helps to condition the skin and helps to prevent aging the skin while diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.
2- Hey Honey Open Your Eyes Lifting Eye Serum
This serum is said to be a wonderful elixir for reducing puffy eyes and dark circles because it contains honey for optimal hydration, caffeine, and tannins from green tea extracts that help reduce blood vessels around the eyes.
3- Honey Girl Organics Face & Eye Creme
The Honey, beeswax, royal jelly, and propolis in this cream soften skin and restore your skin’s healthy shine. It is mild enough to be used every day, even on sensitive skin.
Benefits Of Honey For The Under Eyes
1- Organic and Vitamin-Rich
Vitamins and minerals are among the essential elements for the skin and can be found in honey. It has amino acids and gluconic acid, which nourish the skin at the cellular level and assist to heal damage, and delay the onset of aging.
2- Promotes Healing and Cellular Regeneration
Honey has a special capacity to encourage skin cell renewal and repair. It helps treat skin disorders including psoriasis, eczema, and acne which can also affect the under-eye skin.
It also encourages the development of collagen and elastin, which helps the skin regain its firmness and suppleness.
3- Gently Exfoliates The Skin
The natural enzymes and AHAs found in honey gently exfoliate the skin. It gives skin a glowing, fresh appearance without the use of abrasive chemicals or scrubbing. It is gentle enough for the sensitive under-eye skin.
4- Reduces Hyperpigmentation
Honey contains a small amount of hydrogen peroxide which helps to bleach the skin. This property, along with its healing and regeneration benefits helps the skin to lighten. This is very great for dark circles under the eyes.
5- Honey Attracts Moisture
It is common for aging skin to grow drier and lose a portion of its young plumpness, which can accentuate fine lines and wrinkles.
Natural humectants like honey extract moisture from the air and stop dry skin from losing more moisture. This makes fine lines and wrinkles less noticeable by making the skin more hydrated, softer, smoother, and plumper.